Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jiminy Crickets!

Crickets are quite an annoyance- I've heard them before, don't get me wrong, but seriously- they are pretty constant. Now, in the last few (COLD) days I haven't heard much of them and for that I am thankful!

I went to the Audiologist just over a week ago and had a few tweaks- and it has been AMAZING since then! Before the appt. I was hearing a continuous high squeal which gave me headaches and after... IF I hear a squeal it's a lot more "dull" and more of a background noise! I was SO excited and happy after this appt. and had no one to share this news with and hug (Josh was sleeping, others were at work) that I went to Target and used up a gift card I've kept in my wallet- I felt like a little school girl with a new toy!

I am continually getting used to all the "news" of having a CI- wearing the processor, connecting the magnet, new hairstyles, dead batteries- it's all still very, very new. The next on my "CI to do list" is to listen to an IPOD through a "direct connection" where I plug my IPOD right into my processor (basically my head). My Audiologist warned me that I do NOT have a surge protector and that it should only be used on battery powered things (laptops, portable DVD players, basically anything with a headphone jack). How ridiculous would it be to be using a plugged in laptop and get a sudden jolt in a place I don't want to be jolted! BLECH!

Wearing the processor is slowly but surely becoming more noticeable for me as it's more heavy than my hearing aid was and MUCH more cumbersome. I have also noticed a lot more itching at the scar site and where the device is located under the skin and that get's annoying as when I itch it I typically knock the whole device off the side of my head! I've been looking at a "body worn aid" which would be completely worn OFF the ear, how nice would that be? But I'm not sure where the microphones would sit then if I had that, so I'm just exploring all options!

:) Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment