Sunday, June 13, 2010

OFFICIAL

It's official. I qualify for a Cochlear Implant (CI) for both ears. It was slightly sketchy on whether or not I would qualify due to my testing. Separately my ears are horrible. I scored a 0% word recognition score in my LEFT ear and a 22% in my RIGHT ear, but together I scored about a 50%. but in the end I qualify and to make a long story short, yes I want to get one, yes I'm nervous and excited. I could get it as early as the end of July. How exciting is that? I shouldn't have to miss any work! Be a personal attendant in a wedding towards the end of July, and then be well enough to be a bridesmaid by the end of August and start school soon after that!

My medical evals and things have been through Mayo, I have gotten really excellent care there! :)

1 comment:

  1. :) It was so great to see you Sunday and hear about everything. I am so excited to walk through this journey with you. You have an amazing story to tell and share with the world, I pray all who read will be blessed :)

    I love you,
    ~karin :)

    ReplyDelete