Saturday, July 16, 2011

Extreme Heat Warning

"Avoid strenuous activities..."  *Will do!
"drink lots of fluids" aka- frequent bathroom visits
"Could feel like 100-115degrees here" ...sick...
By the way- I have one window air unit, so I'm sure I'll be hanging out there ;)
    anyway...
  It's been almost a year since I've been implanted and there has been a TON of changes.  I'm learning more lyrics to songs just by listening to them rather than looking them up online.  I realized this after getting the new Blake Shelton CD from a girlfriend of mine!  Thanks girly!
  Up until yesterday I've been wearing "moleskin" on the backs of my sunglasses because with the scaring I had after the surgery the skin was pretty sensitive.  "Moleskin" is made by Dr. Scholls (sp?) and is FABULOUS!  Highly recommended if you have any sensitive areas due to rubbing (ideal for shoes).
   Another difference I've noticed is that I'm more comfortable on the phone- I still get nervous if I have to make a phone call but I'm slowly getting over it; I may even have enough "bravery" to call the gym I still pay membership dues to and haven't gone to in over a year (pathetic, I know).  That's just one example of how much using the phone was torture for me prior to the surgery until now.  So... YAY big steps!
  One more thing: headbands... cute accessories but where the implant is situated typical headbands won't fit very comfortably- probably the fashion god's way of telling me not to wear headbands, they just don't work.

That is all for now!  CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment