Thursday, May 13, 2010

Learned something

I learned that after having Meningitis (Which I had) can cause "ossification of the cochlea" (hardening of the cochlea) which would make a CI not work well.

But I also read today, that it typically "ossifies" (?) shortly after diagnoses... SO what I"m wondering is if it could START to harden at that time, and slowly continually harden to the point I am at now... which is more deaf...

Learn something new (and disheartening) everyday.

Also, I joined a chatroom for Cochlear Implant users and stuff- hence how I learned this... pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are empowering yourself through self-education and talking to others who have experienced similar things. No matter what - CI or no CI - we all love you so much and God is so good and He has amazing things planned for you Miss A : )

    Love you

    ReplyDelete